The Essential Edibles Pre-Order includes a selection of 222 classic, rare, and cutting edge, top quality veggie & herb starter plants for the 2021 season. With the global pandemic likely to continue well into spring, we have decided to offer this pre-order once again. It is designed to:
- Allow you to shop online and pre-pay in advance from the comfort and safety of your home from one of the largest and coolest selections of edibles in the Lower Mainland.
- Minimize the number of trips, interactions, and time normally required to find all your edibles over the many weeks of the spring edible season.
- Keep you safe during these uncertain times while connecting you with a fulfilling and healthy hobby you can do at home.
- Make available a further layer of safety by offering a courier option to receive your edibles.
Here are some important details. Please read in full:
- Pick-up and courier shipments will take place from early to mid May. We will email you when your order is complete and it is time to pick up. We appreciate your enthusiasm, but please don’t email or call in the spring to ask when pick-ups will be. We will be working very hard to get you your edibles as soon as possible and will be in touch. Please pick up within 7 days of receiving our email.
- Minimum order: 6 pots.
- We have expanded our selection with 83 new items this year which requires us to separate ordering into two different forms, one for veggies and one for herbs. Please place separate orders for veggies and for herbs.
- If we run out or are running low on a certain item, please let us know. We can likely open up more availability.
- Don’t forget to order your fertilizers. Veggies, in particular, are heavy feeders and your successful harvest will depend on good quality fertilizers applied on a regular basis.
- Before April 1st, you can cancel or make changes with a full refund or credit. After April 1st, no cancellations or reductions will be accepted nor refunds or credits given. Orders that are not picked up within 14 days of our email being sent will be returned to general inventory. Refunds and credits will not be given owing to short shelf life of these edibles.
- Feel free to place multiple orders through our order forms. There are directions on the order form how to place second and third orders.
- Don’t forget to also order from the Grafted Veggies Pre-Order which includes Mighty Matos, Mighty Melons, Mighty Veggies, and Ketchup ‘n Fries. These grafted veggies are particularly good for small spaces as they produce at least 2-3 times more fruit per plant than non-grafted plants. Go to our Grafted Veggie Pre-Order for more info. Pick-up will be at a similar time but perhaps not the same time.
- We are not offering Canada Post shipping for Essential Edibles, just pick-up or courier service within the Lower Mainland.
- Original Sea Soil compost and Sea Soil potting mix will be available for pick-up at the nursery for planting your edibles.
- Ordering Instructions:
- We are not able to provide photos of the edibles. In many cases the descriptions will be enough. You can also open a second browser window and have it side by side with the ordering page. Then you can use Google to search for images and more information on your edibles of interest.
- Enter the number of pots you would like of each plant in the order box then click on an area outside of the box so that your selection is recorded. You can check that it has recorded properly by looking at the summary list at the bottom of the page.
- When you are ready to check out, click on the Register button at the bottom of the page. You will be taken to a PayPal page. This is one of the safest payment gateways on the internet. You have two options: pay with a PayPal account if you have one or wish to create one or pay without a PayPal account using your Visa or Mastercard and PayPal will process the transaction for us. In this second case, PayPal will need your contact information for anti-fraud purposes to verify your credit card information with your billing address.
- Some customers experience a problem with the ordering page which seems related to their cookie settings on their web browser. When they go to “Register” their order and pay, the page is returned to them with their contact information and selections lost. We are sorry about this. We recommend jotting down your selections before clicking Register. If you click Register and are returned to the ordering page and no PayPal window pops up, make sure to fill in your contact info again and make sure all of your edible selections are still there. The second time you click Register it should work. If you haven’t been taken to a payment page and you have received a confirmation with no plants listed, then your order has not worked. Please contact us.
That’s it! It’s time to have fun and choose your veggies and herbs for the best edible gardening season ever!