Welcome to the World of David Austin Roses!
We are excited to offer a new Pre-Order of David Austin roses for pick-up or shipping in early spring 2020.
David Austin roses are some of the most renowned and beloved roses in the world. Since the 1950s David Austin has been working to combine the beauty and romance of old roses with the performance of modern roses. More specifically his goal has been to bring together the flower forms and fragrance of old roses with the wider colour range and repeat-flowering of modern roses.
You need only look at the photographs and to grow your first David Austin rose to understand that these English roses are unique in the rose world. They will quickly grow into magnificent shrubs and climbers that will transform your garden with their old world charm, fragrance, and performance.
Characteristics of David Austin Roses:
- Form: David Austin roses tend to grow as shapely shrubs with a bushy mounding or arching growth habit. The climbers are strong and vigorous usually with flowering down to the base.
- Flowers: A wide range of colours with unique multi-petaled blooms.
- Fragrance: Renowned for their strong and diverse fragrances including old rose, tea, myrrh, fruity, and musk.
- Repeat-flowering: Cultivars will repeat flower providing a long season of interest.
- Design Potential: Highly versatile for different garden styles and uses including mixed flower beds, traditional rose borders, fragrant hedges, large pots and containers, for the cutting garden, and for large landscape plantings.
- Health: Bred for vigour and garden performance with excellent disease resistance. Every cultivar is trialled under rigorous conditions for eight years before being introduced to the gardening public.
David Austin Roses from Phoenix Perennials
Our David Austin roses are available for pre-order through fall and winter for pick-up or shipping in early spring. We have a large selection but limited quantities per cultivar so please order early to avoid disappointment. The deadline to place your order is January 15th, 2020.
Our David Austin roses are grafted onto Dr Huey rootstock which is widely regarded as the best option for the Canadian climate. Hardiness is rated as zone 4 or 5 for our David Austin roses, depending on cultivar. Please refer to the individual stats for each rose for this and other details.
Full ordering and shipping details are below. Without further ado, have a look at all the beautiful roses!