Welcome to the World of David Austin Roses!
We are excited to offer our largest pre-order ever with 40 different cultivars of David Austin roses plus seven different types of David Austin tree roses for pick-up or shipping in early spring 2020.
David Austin roses are some of the most renowned and beloved roses in the world. Since the 1950s David Austin has been working to combine the beauty and romance of old roses with the performance of modern roses. More specifically his goal has been to bring together the flower forms and fragrance of old roses with the wider colour range and repeat-flowering of modern roses.
You need only look at the photographs and to grow your first David Austin rose to understand that these English roses are unique in the rose world. They will quickly grow into magnificent shrubs and climbers that will transform your garden with their old world charm, fragrance, and performance.
Characteristics of David Austin Roses:
- Form: David Austin roses tend to grow as shapely shrubs with a bushy mounding or arching growth habit. The climbers are strong and vigorous usually with flowering down to the base.
- Flowers: A wide range of colours with unique multi-petaled blooms. Note that most rose flowers change in colour as they age often with different colours exhibited in bud, when the rose first opens, and as the flower ages. If colour is extremely important to you then please look at multiple photos online to make sure you are selecting the perfect cultivar for you.
- Fragrance: Renowned for their strong and diverse fragrances including old rose, tea, myrrh, fruity, and musk.
- Repeat-flowering: Cultivars will repeat flower providing a long season of interest.
- Design Potential: Highly versatile for different garden styles and uses including mixed flower beds, traditional rose borders, fragrant hedges, large pots and containers, for the cutting garden, and for large landscape plantings.
- Health: Bred for vigour and garden performance with excellent disease resistance. Every cultivar is trialled under rigorous conditions for eight years before being introduced to the gardening public.
David Austin Roses from Phoenix Perennials
Our David Austin roses are available for pre-order through fall and winter for pick-up or shipping in early spring 2021. We have limited quantities of each rose so please order early to avoid disappointment.
Our David Austin roses are grafted onto Dr Huey rootstock which is widely regarded as the best option for the Canadian climate. Hardiness is rated as zone 4 or 5 for our David Austin roses, depending on cultivar. Please refer to the individual stats for each rose for this and other details. There are tricks to grow these roses in colder zones than their official rating. Read our article on “How to Grow David Austin Roses in Zone 3”.
Full ordering and shipping details are below. Without further ado, have a look at all the beautiful roses!